Cooking Georgian Salad with Walnuts
If you want something special and light, and only tomatoes and cucumbers are at hand, you can add a few more ingredients, for example, nuts and wine vinegar, and you will get a very tasty and colorful Georgian national dish. Consider how to cook an unusual, but very tasty Georgian snack and please your loved ones with a culinary novelty.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
A salad with fresh vegetables and a nut dressing called “Georgian” is on the menu of almost every restaurant or cafe. But what is especially nice is that such a salad is a very simple and budget dish, which even a novice can cook.
At the same time, the salad supply is different:
- it can just be chopped ingredients and poured with a specific dressing;
- components can be mixed together with the sauce.
To prepare this delicious national Georgian dish, you need to prepare the ingredients. Mandatory components are: cucumbers, tomatoes and wine vinegar. A traditional recipe also involves the presence of nut dressing. First you need to peel red onions and garlic, wash vegetables and herbs. With cucumbers, you can cut the skin with a regular peeler.
Salad recipe with walnuts, tomatoes and cucumbers
2 pcs. 30–35 min.
aromatic vegetable oil
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Place in a blender 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, a small sized fresh hot chili pepper or red ground dry pepper in an amount of 0.5 tsp, walnuts and gently chop.
- In the resulting consistency pour 1 tsp. vegetable oil with a smell (special for salads), 2 hours of wine vinegar, a little salt and mix with a fork or spoon.
- In order for salad dressing to turn out a little liquid, you must also add water and mix everything thoroughly again - the mass should become creamy in consistency and light in color.
- All vegetable ingredients trim or cut the stems.
- Washed and dried cucumbers cut into medium-sized slices (not very thin and not very thick).
- Cut cherry tomatoes or plum-like rings, half rings or slices. In the case of using large round tomatoes, cut the fruits into 4 parts, and then cut the ingredient directly for the salad.
- Onions cut in half, then cut into thin slices.
- Finely chop all the green bundles.
- Next, there are two options for serving the dish: in mixed form or in layers: in the salad bowl, put the ingredients in order: first, slices of tomatoes, then rings of red onion, then circles of cucumbers and a lot of finely chopped greens.
- Season the salad with pre-cooked peanut sauce, mix well and try on the salt. If necessary, add to taste and mix again.
- Allow mixed ingredients to brew for about 5 minutes to thoroughly soak them and reveal the aroma of spices.
- After the specified time, put the dish on a plate and serve.
- Or: lay the tomatoes in layers on a flat plate, then onions, then cucumbers, sprinkle with herbs and pour in peanut sauce.
- After 5 minutes, the salad can be served.
Video recipeSalad recipe with walnuts, tomatoes and cucumbersVideo recipe: Salad recipe with walnuts, tomatoes and cucumbers
Important! Cilantro (the herbaceous part of coriander) as an indispensable ingredient of a traditional Georgian vegetable salad adds to the dish its specific note of taste. But for those who do not like this spice, you can do without cilantro in the cooking process.