Delicious dogwood compote recipes
Dogwood has been known to mankind since ancient times. Its fruits have a sweet and sour taste, rich in vitamins, organic acids, glucose, fructose, pectins, tannins, essential oils, minerals. To preserve its beneficial properties, experienced housewives advise making various sunsets from these berries for the winter, which will serve not only as a vitamin storehouse, but also as an excellent dessert. In this article, we will consider the simplest recipes for cornel compotes.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
To prepare tasty compotes, you need to choose only high-quality, without damage and signs of rot, berries. Then you should sort out the fruits from twigs and leaves, rinse under running water. Also pick up the necessary equipment - banks, lids, colander, pots, ladle, which should be thoroughly washed and dried.
Dogwood stew recipes for the winter
Below are the recipes: the classic compote recipe from fresh berries (with a roll) and from dried fruits (without a roll).
Classic compote recipe
3 cans of three-liter 40-60 minutes
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Sterilize jars and lids.
- Sort the dogwood from leaves and other debris, pour into a sieve or colander, rinse, let the liquid drain well. Lay the berries in equal portions in jars.
- Put a large enameled pan on the stove, pour in water, bring the liquid to a boil. After boiling, pour sugar, mix until crystals are completely dissolved and boil again.
- Pour hot syrup into a container with fruits, roll up, turn upside down, warm with a blanket and leave to cool completely.
Video recipeClassic Compote Recipe Video Recipe: Classic Compote Recipe
Important! Dried dogwood is stored in a dark and dry place, placing the product in linen bags, wooden boxes or cardboard boxes.
2.5 liters 40 minutes
mint or lemon balm
to taste and desire
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Place the dried fruit in a colander or sieve, wash under running water.
- Rinse the apple, cut into four parts, remove the core, cut into slices.
- Pour water into an enameled pan, put on a stove and bring the liquid to a boil.
- After boiling add prepared foods, add sugar, mix and cook over moderate heat for 10-15 minutes.
- You can put mint or lemon balm, let the compote stand for several hours.
Features of storage of blanks
For the proper storage of homemade compotes, it is advisable to choose a cool, dark, dry place with a temperature in the range of +5 ... + 15 ° С. Suitable as a cellar (in the countryside), and a refrigerator (for residents). And drinks without a twist should be stored in the refrigerator in a closed glass or enameled container for no more than 2-3 days.
The process of harvesting compotes for the winter from dogwood does not require much effort, time or high financial costs.They also make delicious jams, jams, jellies, soufflés, fruit drinks, marinades, sauces, jelly, liquors, as well as marinate and freeze them.